Journalism truly began to take over my life (in the best way possible) in 2012. I’ve provided multiple links from different publications that I’ve worked on. For more information about my work experience, head to my LinkedIn here or email me at email@example.com.
The Elm (2012-2016) – I began at my college’s newspaper, The Elm, my freshman year of college where I served as News Reporter. I then continued onto Senior Writer, where I contributed to both the News and Student Life sections. During my junior year I joined the Editorial team as the Student Life Editor and my final year at Washington College I was named the Editor-in-Chief.
- Article about the National Day of Silence and the EROS group on campus
- Sexual Assault policies on campus
- Exploring the “War on Humanities” and where WC stands
Delaware Today Magazine (2015-2016) – I started at Delaware Today as their Editorial Intern where I worked my way up to Editorial Assistant within 3 months. Here I contributed copy for their print edition, online exclusives for the website and features for their sister magazines (like Delaware/Main Line Bride and 302 Health). I also wrote their weekly Dining Insider newsletter, which was used to inform subscribers about local food events and deals.
- Complete guide to alternative workouts – everything from Trampolining to Aerial Yoga
- Top 20 Delawareans Under 20
- Girl Scout Cookie pairings with local craft beer
Pink Pangea – An online travel resource for women. I contributed multiple articles while studying and working abroad in Tanzania as an English teacher in 2013.
- A fun story about a Maasai warrior proposing to me in Tanzania
- Examining corporal punishment in Zanzibari schools